System of government
The People’s Democratic Dictatorship
Exports 2,499 billion USD
Imports 2,771 billion USD
(Both in 2019, General Administration of Customs of China)
Main exports: Machinery, transportation equipment, light industrial products, chemical industrial products, etc.
Main imports: Machinery, transportation equipment, mineral fuel products, non-food ingredients, etc.
Number of foreign visitors
47.95 million (2018, National Bureau Statistics of China)
Provincial level (provinces, autonomous regions, municipalities, special administrative regions):34, Prefectural level (prefectural-level cities, autonomous prefectures):333, County level (counties, autonomous counties, county-level cities, districts):2,854, Township level (townships, towns, ethic townships): 40,381 (as of the end of 2014)
The National People’s Congress, the System of Multi-Party Cooperation and Political Consultation, and Autonomous Regions come under the rule of the Communist Party of China.
1. This is the highest state body. Its members are elected from provinces, autonomous regions, municipalities, special administrative regions and the military.
2. This person exercises the sovereign rights of China as its head of state in connection with the Standing Committee of the NPC.
3. This is the chief authority of the state.
4. This body exercises command and control over the armed forces. It is the supreme military policy-making body.
5. This is the highest court.
6. This body is responsible for legal supervision of the state.
Source: Official website of the central government of the People’s Republic of China, Official website of Xinhua News in English, Official website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, National Bureau of Statistics of China HP, "System of Local Administration and Finance in China" (Council of Local Authorities for International Relations, Feb. 28, 2017), China 2009” Foreign Language Press”