Dujiangyan City, Sichuan Province in the People’s Republic of China has become a new member of the East Asia Local and Regional Government Congress as of May 10th, 2021.
As a result, the Congress now has 75 local and regional government members from 7 nations.
Dujiangyan City has an ancient irrigation system, Dujiangyan, which was built more than 2200 years ago, Mount Qingcheng, which is the birth place of Taoism, and it is particularly famous for having a habitat for pandas. (The “Mount Qingcheng and the Dujiangyan Irrigation System” were registered as world cultural heritage sites in 2000.)
Currently, Dujiangyan City has friendly relations with 25 cities and deep interests in interacting with local governments, therefore they became a new member of the congress.
We are continuing to promote the new member government’s admissions to the congress for further fruitful development. Therefore, we would appreciate all member governments’ cooperation and support.
Click here for the Overview of Dujiangyan City.
We will look back at the histories and circumstances of the East Asia Local and Regional Government Congress’s establishment.
Please come to the Exhibition!
| (1) Date and Time
February 15th, 2021 (Mon.) From 12:00 to 17:15
February 16th, 2021 (Tue.) From 8:30 to 17:15
February 17th, 2021 (Wed.) From 8:30 to 17:15
February 18th, 2021 (Thu.) From 8:30 to 17:15
February 19th, 2021 (Fri.) From 8:30 to 15:00
The Rooftop Gallery in the Nara Prefectural Office
(30 Noboriojicho, Nara City)
The Tourism Section Meeting was held for the working-level officials from the Japanese Member Governments as a theme of the “Promotion of Tourism in the era co-existing with COVID-19.”
◆ Date : Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020 from 14:00 to 16:00
◆ Organizer : Nara Prefecture
◆ Venue : Multi-purpose room, Heijokyu Izanai-kan, Nara Palace Site Historical Park
○ Lecture Lecturer
Mr. GOTO Kenichi
Place & Culture Designer, NOASOBI Regional Revitalization Producer,
Chairman/C.E.O. (In charge of the Regional Revitalization) of Snow Peak Regional
Revitalization Consulting Inc., and others.
○ Case Introductions from the Member Governments
・Director KIRITA, the Tourism Capacity Improvement Division,
Nara Prefectural Government
・Director HATAJIRI, the Overseas Marketing Strategy Division, City of Takayama,
Gifu Prefectural Government (Online)
・At the venue
22 organizations (17 local governments, 2 organizations, 3 guest local governments)
18 organizations (14 local governments, 2 organizations, 2 guest local governments)
35 organizations (27 local governments, 4 organizations, 4 guest local governments)
* Out of 35 organizations, 5 organizations (4 local governments and 1 guest local
government) participated both at the venue and online.
[At the Venue]
・Yamagata Prefecture, Fukushima Prefecture, Niigata Prefecture, Ishikawa Prefecture, Fukui Prefecture, Yamanashi Prefecture, Nagano Prefecture, Shizuoka Prefecture, Wakayama Prefecture, Shimane Prefecture, Tokushima Prefecture, Kagawa Prefecture, Kochi Prefecture, Nara City, Gose City, Koryo Town, and Nara Prefecture
・Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
・Guests: Okayama Prefecture, Hiroshima Prefecture, and Ehime Prefecture
・Fukui Prefecture, Gifu Prefecture, Shizuoka Prefecture, Mie Prefecture, Tottori Prefecture, Shimane Prefecture, Kagawa Prefecture, Arakawa City, Kofu City, Takayama City, Katsuragi City, Ikaruga Town, Asuka Village, and Shimoichi Town
・Council of Local Authorities for International Relations (CLAIR) and UNWTO Regional Support Office for Asia and the Pacific
・Guests: Yamaguchi Prefecture, and Ehime Prefecture
○ As a new attempt for this time, the participants attended the Section Meeting at the venue of the Nara Palace Site Historical Park or online.
○ Lecturer, Mr. GOTO Kenichi gave a lecture regarding the theme, “Regional Revitalization with NOASOBI (spending luxury time in nature) SDGs and Regional Value in the Era of Globalization and How Best to Use it.”
○ During the case introductions from the member governments, Director KIRITA, the Tourism Capacity Improvement Division, Nara Prefectural Government gave us a presentation regarding measures for the tourism against COVID-19. Director HATAJIRI, the Overseas Marketing Strategy Division, City of Takayama, Gifu Prefectural Government gave us an online presentation regarding post-COVID-19 inbound tourism strategies in Takayama City.
【Lecture and Summary by the Lecturer】
○ First we should accept the current situation, which has been affected by COVID-19, then we will consider how we can evolutionally grow againt that. It is important that we don’t negatively see the rural areas as having “nothing there”, we should recognize the value of each area’s different “individuality” with our global mind.
○ The important thing is “concrete action at the actual place.” We will improve the overall attractiveness of places using NOASOBI and abundant nature, which rural areas originally have, and make the places where people within and outside of Japan would like to come all the way to visit.
○ The important thing about the regional revitalization during the era of globalization is “Opening and Connecting.”
Connecting to the world with the ability to trust and smiles from local regions, Japan, and East Asia. We will bring on evolutional businesses from each region for multi class targets including high classes. The relationship of the East Asia Local and Regional Government Congress is the result of Nara Prefecture “Opening and Connecting”, and it is important that using this relationship to expand “Fun and Tasty NOASOBI SDGs” together.
Lecture by the lecturer The case introduction by Nara Prefecture
The case introduction by Takayama City (online) Opinion exchanges
Guizhou Province in the People’s Republic of China has become a new member of the East Aisa Local and Regional Government Congress as of September 29 th, 2020.
As a result, the Congress now has 74 local and regional government members from 7 nations.
Guizhou Province located in the south-west of China has a mild climate and an abundant of nature. There are the World Heritage Sites (Cultural and Natural Sites), such as the “Tusi Sites” and the “South China Karst”, which have been gathering notoriety as tourist spots.
Click here for the Overview of Guizhou Province.
Our governor exchanged opinions with Mr. Ridwan Kamil, the governor of West Java Province regarding holding the 11th East Asia Local and Regional Government Congress in Bandung City, West Java Province in the Republic of Indonesia that was decided to be postponed until 2021 with the COVID-19 global pandemic in mind.
○ Date: Wednesday, September 9th, 2020 from 15:00 to 15:40
○ Participants: Governor ARAI Shogo and Mr. Ridwan Kamil, the governor of West Java Province
(Mr. Ridwan Kamil, the Governor of West Java Province)
○ The West Java Province team will try to do their best to hold the 11th Congress in 2021 make sure it’s a success.
○ The West Java Province team will consider whether the discussion themes can be changed to the ones related to COVID-19 or not.
(Governor ARAI Shogo)
○ We, Nara Prefecture would like to express our appreciation to hold the 11th Congress in West Java Province in 2021. We look forward to seeing you, Mr. Ridwan Kamil at the congress.
○ The expectation of holding the 11th Congress in Bandung City is increasing more and more. We would like many people to participate in it.
○ Balancing both prevention of spreading COVID-19, and social and economic activity are the common issues in local governments. We agree to consider them as the discussion themes.
We will look back at the histories and circumstances of the East Asia Local and Regional Government Congress’s establishment. Please come to the Exhibition!
（１）Date and Time
July 28th (Tue.) – August 2nd (Sun.), 2020
From 9:00 to 20:00
Nara Prefectural Library and Information Center
2nd Floor, beside the café
(1000, Nishi 1-chome, Daianji, Nara)
the 11th East Asia Local and Regional Government Congress, it was
decided that West Java Province, Republic of Indonesia will host it from
November 4th to 6th, 2020 at Bandung City. However,
considering the current Covid-19 infection status, we discussed with the host
of the 11th Congress, West Java Province and concluded that it will
be difficult to hold the 11th Congress on the date originally
planned. We decided that it would be postponed by about one year.
the new date of the 11th Congress will be discussed and arranged
together with West Java Province, and we will inform you later.
Date: Wednesday, November, 4th
to Friday, November, 6th, 2020 (The original date)
→Postponed by about one year.
Place: Bandung City, West Java Province, Republic of Indonesia
Organizer: West Java Province, Republic of Indonesia, Secretariat of the East Asia Local and Regional Government Congress (Nara Prefecture)
(West Java Province’s comment.)
As a global issue, the Covid-19 global pandemic has affected many aspects, in particular, regarding international travel regulation, in which the majority of affected countries tend to curb international travel permits.
Amid the uncertainty prediction of when the post-pandemic would begin, it is hard for us to recommend the congress to be postponed by next year finally. We have endeavored systematic attempts to prepare this congress possible to held this year so far, nevertheless, through careful considerations, it seems to be better momentum for us to meet up face to face for strengthening our partnership after the pandemic.
Tawaramoto Town in Japan has become a member of the East Asia Local and Regional Government Congress as of March 31st, 2020.
As a result, the Congress now has 73 local and regional government members from 7 nations.
For more information, please see the “10th Congress <2019>
Congress Report” under the “Regional Report.”
We will inform you that you can access see the Memorial Movie of
the East Asia Local and Regional Government Congress on the following site.
Moreover, please see the utilization policy to
confirm the prohibited items, the exemption items and so on before you will
The Memorial Movie (approx. 10 min.) was for
retracing the East Asia Local and Regional Government Congress’s history
through the photos and also the interview with Mr. ISHIHARA Nobuo who was the
chairman of the East Asia Local and Regional Government Congress Executive
Committee at the time of the Congress’ establishment. We hope you enjoy