System of government
Presidential System (Republican)
People’s Consultative Assembly (MPR) 711 seats: made up of two bodies,
1. People’s Representative Council (DPR / 575 seats)
2. Regional Representative Council (DPD / 136 seats)
Export: 167.53 billion USD (2019)
Import: 170.72 billion USD (2019)
Main export: Animal fat & oil, vegetable fat & oil, electronic devices, vehicle & parts
Main import: Electronic devices, steel, vehicle & parts
Number of foreign visitors
34 provinces – 509 cities / kabupaten
1. The President is the chief of state and exercises its executive power following the law. The President does not have the power to dissolve Legislative Branch.
2. Legislative Branch oversees the administration and dismisses the President in accordance with the Constitution.
3. Candidate justices of the Supreme Court shall be proposed to the DPR for approval.
Organizational operation such as structure and judicial procedure of the Supreme Court shall be regulated by law.
4. The law declared by the Supreme Court shall be binding on all courts.
5. Candidate justices of the Supreme Court shall be appointed to office by the President.
6. The Constitutional Court shall possess the authority to issue a decision over an opinion of the DPR concerning alleged violations by the President.
Source: National Portal Republic of Indonesia; Constitution of Republic of Indonesia; Official website of Ministry of Tourism Republic of Indonesia, Official website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, Official website of Policy Bureau of Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, transport and tourism of Japan
(as of January, 2021)